Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All screwed up

When I got my first round of MRI's about 2 months ago I complained that my knee was killing; a very unusual thing for an MRI to hurt. I even asked my doctor "are MRI's supposed to hurt? Because well it did!" he just kinda brushed it off; thats weird but no big deal. Well surprise!! I know why! I have a metal screw in my knee that I totally forgot about! Apparently in all the ciaos of my last ACL surgery we forgot to remember the little detail that the doctor put a metal screw in my knee! Well hello; that would probably be why my knee was killing during the MRI! At least I know that I'm not just a complainer and there was a reason for me to actually be in pain. MRI's are full of intense magnetic waves so you are not allowed to wear any metal and especially have any metal in your body. Well OOPS!



I went to the doctors yesterday and he was very surprised with this screw in my knee and had to send pictures around to his Reps to try to figure out what kind of screw it is and what the tool is that he needs to get it out. That complicated things a little; but whats life without a little complications? I then had to go get a CT scan to make sure there was room enough to be able to remove my old ACL. OH yeah and I'm getting a cadavers ACL! Exciting no? It was that or have them take my hamstring from my left leg since my right hamstring was previously used. Surgery is scheduled for May 20th; all in all not as fast as I would like but what can you do? At least I wont be drugged up and on crutches for mine and Jon's anniversary! I was wondering how our dinner would go with me just being days out of surgery.... druling would be very attractive =)

4 comments:

Diane said...

I had to laugh - first the screw, then you've already used one hamstring. You'd better be careful or you're going to run out of spare parts! Oh yeah, you're already using someone else's spare part.

I have some screws in my jaw. I don't know if I ever would have thought about that if I need an MRI. I hope I remember!

Springer Family said...

That is to funny you make me laugh. Not that this is a laughing matter, but I couldn't help it. I want some money back from our cruise because if you book now they are less than half of what we paid since they aren't going to Mexico. Ugh... It was fun anyways I did love the days at sea all the food you can eat and relaxation.

beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth said...

i my favorite part is that one of your hamstrings has already been used. i'm so sorry about this, but at least your surgery is after your year anniversary!

i love that your anniversary happens just before our half-anniversary. makes it easier to remember!