Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pappy

My sweet Pappy passed away Sunday night at the age of 94. What a holiday season my family has been through. Even though I am going to miss his sweet spirit and contagious smile I am so glad to have the gospel and know that I will see him again. I can't imagine the joy he's having being reunited with my Aunt Linda.

It's always nice to reflect on the memories you've had with a loved one. I am one of his youngest grandchildren so I do not have any memories of him running around and having alot of energy. I do remember though with the energy he'd save up to play the harmonica and sing songs to me. One of my favorite memories was playing toss with a balloon with him at my fathers birthday party. We were playing for almost an hour and I was getting warn out so I stopped playing and he turned to me and said "am I out of the game?" haha oh Pappy. He's just adorable.

Below is a news article the deseret news wrote about him along with his obituary.


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350157/Elder-Royden-Glade-Derrick-dies.html

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=royden-derrick&pid=137101736

2 comments:

Diane said...

What sweet memories you have! I remember him as a kind and gentle man also.

I think the picture on your wedding day at the bottom of the post may be the best one I've ever seen. It makes me cry.

thederricks said...

That is the sweetest picture of you and Pappy! Cute blog pictures!