Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New family member!


On Friday Jon and I picked up our cute little puppy Milo! He's almost 8 weeks old and definitely has a lot of energy! I love him to death however the peeing and pooping inside is not a plus. He was going outside pretty good until it snowed and now it is just way too cold for him to go outside. But he knows he shouldn't go inside so he's just miserable. Any suggestions? At least he doesn't have dagger claws anymore. We filled them =) But I'm definitely thinking no babies for a long time. This puppy is exhausting! Jon and I hardly have any time for eachother because we are running around after Milo. I just wanna snuggle :( Then he just cries all night and we get no sleep. I've been sleeping in the laundry room for him for a couple hours each night with him and then Jon will get up in the middle of the night too. Last night he only slept for an hour! It will get better right?

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Bree you make me laugh so hard!!! I can tell you guys are going to be GREAT parents. I can't believe you are sleeping in the laundry room. What a good mom. It will get better. have you tried to get the pads that are like potty pads so they can pee inside? Then you can start to move the pads outside. Well he is SO SO SO cute. Love you guys

* said...

Ha. He's so sweet and worth all the sleepless nights. And he'll get better at not crying and stuff. He's such a cute little baby!

Springer Family said...

Ha Ha... That is so funny. They are a lot of work, it will prepare you well for children. Children are a lot of work but soooo worth it. Good luck with that and ya the potty pads are a great idea.

The Durr's said...

haha of course it will get better!! Be strong girl!! Let him cry! haha Love you guys and Milo!

Peter and Katie said...

I think you guys should skip the dog and go for the kids, that almost sounds easier. plus then our kids we'll be close in age.