Friday, March 5, 2010

Sample Sample?

Awhile back I wrote about how Jon HATES getting samples like the ones at costco. Refer to http://jonandbrethorpe.blogspot.com/2009/08/sample-anyone.html for a reminder.


So we were at Sams Club yesterday right before 6:00pm. Apparently for anyone that loves samples this is the best time to go. They were just cleaning up their stations and trying to get rid of their leftovers. I spent like 15 minutes at the shrimp cocktail bar and was loving it! Then I look over at Jon who is literally being followed around by this guy in a goofy apron and white hat begging him to take his frozen yogurt sample. "No thank you" "Come on its Ice Cream! You know you want it" "No I don't! I really really don't!" and this went on for a little bit ending with the guy giving it to Jon and running away. I come up to Jon and he said in a sad voice "I dont want it Bre" hahaa oh you poor poor thing. So I helped out and ate it for him. Poor guy he probably had nightmares last night from it lol.

3 comments:

Dan and Ash said...

ha ha I can totally see this all going down! I still can't believe Jon hates samples...We love them too Bre!

Diane said...

Lucky for Jon he married you (many reasons)-- you can save him from the sample fiends. Lucky for you you married him (many reasons)-- you get more samples!

beth said...

6. SAMPLES
The trap: “Even if you’re not hungry, a bite of food physically signals your body to get ready for a meal,” says Markman. Research shows that these physiological changes make you a less disciplined shopper.
What to do: Hold off on samples until the end, “right before checkout, so the insulin rush won’t affect your bottom line,” says Markman.

i saw this in an article today and thought of this.