Monday, December 29, 2008

Tis the Season

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday; but not because of all the presents but because its a whole month of parties! Our first party started off with the Derrick Family Christmas party which was hosted this year at the Lion House. We also had 2 progressive dinners which our house was a stop for both. First time around was Jim and Karens family which was a little crazy; and ended up with pee on our love sac from one of the little girls. At least it was #1 and not #2! We started at 2:00 and didn't end till 10:30! most of the stops were only drinks and so by 10:30 we were starving!! We learned from the first one and the 2nd was with my mom's family and we sure did not have that problem being hungry. After the first stop at my uncle Max's house I was full! By the time we got to Jessica's for dessert I was stuffed; however she had Razzleberry pie which I could not say no too! I have definitly seen the pounds come this Christmas season and will add to the group of New Year Goals of loosing weight!

Christmas Eve at my parents house was a blast as usual. Ever since we were little we'd always celebrate Christmas Eve with my moms side. We've kept alot of traditions like Sammy the Snowman (we read this book and everytime snow was said you throw Marshmellows at everyone; it used to be tinfoil wrapped up however we quickly learned those can get hard and hurt!) We also had our stocking stuffers where everyone would buy little gifts to give to everyone. Jon and I slept there over night and probably the funniest thing was my family wanting to get in the hot tub in the middle of this huge snow storm at midnight. I wasn't that brave and could only laugh when I heard everyone screaming and saw everyone tried to hide from the strong gusts of wind.

In the morning we opened our presents and got a BBQ from my parents! How thoughtful! Jon and I then went home to open our gifts. It was a good thing we drove the truck because it was a blizzard! Jon gave me this beautiful Jewelry armour! Some people said well I guess Jon now you have to buy her jewerly to put in it... but its already full! I also got the Britney Spears CD! =) and a new jacket and snow pants. Jon got a bunch of tools and also the Rob and Big seasons. He was very surprised by that but we love it! I even got my brother and mom hooked on it!


We then headed to Jons parents house where we had a Christmas Lunch. It was alot of family in a couple weeks but I wouldn't change one bit of it!

3 comments:

Springer Family said...

Ya it was pretty funny Brett was wearing that! He wore it to bed ha ha :) We really did have a fun and great Christmas season. I am kind of sad that it is over.

kbrown726 said...

Christmas has been a blast. I can't wait for next year. I wish our apartment were bigger so we could participate in the dinner. Maybe in a few years.

Susanne said...

Bree that is so sad about the Yurt. But what an adventure. Oh well. Well we are coming out over Valentines. So get ready to party!